2020 has certainly been an odd year to own a small business here in Oregon. We have been fortunate. Our family works with us each day to assemble and send out Tube-Wringers. Our parts manufacturers are local to Oregon so that we can avoid most delays.
However, it’s still been a strange year.
We know that many of our customers like to support small businesses. Others also appreciate that our products are made in Oregon, with parts manufactured right here in the USA. With that in mind, we wanted to provide you with some ways you can support small businesses like Tube-Wringer, while still giving your friends and family the perfect gift.
How to Support Small Businesses Over the Holidays
Here are ten ways you can support small businesses during the holidays:
- Find small businesses on social media through the hashtags #smallbusinesssaturday #smallbiz #smallbusinessowner #supportsmallbusiness #smallbusiness #smallbizlove #smallbizowner #familyowned #familyownedandoperated.
- Follow small businesses on social media or follow any of the above hashtags on social media.
- Shop at small businesses during the holiday season. Many of us are running sales a bit early this year. For example, here at Tube-Wringer, you can get any Tube-Wringer at 10% off just by shopping at our website through December 10th.
- Ask friends and family members if they have “side hustles” or if they know businesses that you should support. You may be surprised by how many of your family members are business owners or have friends who own a business.
- Shop early for holiday gifts. This allows smaller businesses to get your items to you or your loved one in time – no matter what shipping delays may occur.
- Purchase a gift card from a small business.
- Send a small business an email or give them a call if you want a specific item. For example, many art supply stores and beauty supply stores carry our product, but they don’t always have it in stock. So, reach out and see if your favorite local store can get your gift idea for you. If they can’t, they can likely direct you to the best place to purchase it!
- Leave a positive review on Google, Yelp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, Etsy, or anywhere else the business has an online profile. You can also email the company directly with a good review.
- Recommend the business to friends either on social media or personally.
- Sign up to receive the business newsletter or podcast.
Most of our customers are small business owners or work for small businesses. We talk to artists, hairdressers, dentists, store owners, and so many others every day. They need our handy tool to save money or they sell the Tube-Wringer in their stores.
Whether you are a business owner yourself or someone looking for a holiday gift, we encourage you to shop small this holiday season. You can start right here at our family-owned and operated company, Tube-Wringer!