Happy holidays! It’s officially the holiday season and to celebrate, we thought we would share a classic holiday craft. That is, making your own card from scratch.
We’ve talked about this in the past with our Valentine’s craft. If you want to see a fun, very easy craft that can help you upcycle an old card, be sure to take a look at that craft.
Today’s DIY holiday card craft is simple, yet effective. Adults can do it. Children can do it. And, in a world of preprinted holiday photo cards, a sweet handmade card stands out. Additionally, if you like your pre-printed cards, this is a fun way to add a personalized touch to a holiday note or insert.
*Hint: We recommend doing this craft with your school-age child and including it with your teacher gift this year.
How to Make Your own Holiday Card
You will need:
- Paper (we recommend paper that is at least 70-80 lb/100-130 gsm)
1. Fold the paper you will be using as the base card.
2. Using your stencils, sketch out the images you’d like to go on the card.
3. Cut out the stenciled shapes.
4. Determine which pieces you’d like to stand out most. In our case, we went with the star and the ornaments.
5. Gently run those pieces through a Tube-Wringer to add some dimension to the paper.
6. Glue your design to the base card.
As you can see, you don’t need to be a professional artist to do this craft and come up with something cute. In fact, you don’t need to even be an adult!
So, if you are looking for a fun craft to do with kids this holiday season, or if you’re hoping to get out of a creative rut, try our card-making craft! It’s fun, easy, and can be as silly or as lovely as you want it to be.
And, if you’d like to add that extra dimension to your card, but don’t have a Tube-Wringer, be sure to snag yours today! The Tube-Wringer pictured in this article is our light-duty product and it’s great for paper crimping and for effectively squeezing the tubes you have laying around your home, kitchen, or studio.